There are very few, if any, market niches that provide similar challenges to cryptocurrencies. The blockchain world moves so fast that morning news is often stale by evening. The best-known feature of cryptocurrencies is that crypto markets do not close. Speed, accuracy and freshness of data is a real challenge and one of the best ways of solving it is using a bitcoin widget. More accurately we can refer to the cryptocurrency widgets since these tools can display data on more than just Bitcoin.
Bitcoin widgets are tags of information or sections on a website that is outside the main page content which is used mostly for interactive purposes with the website visitors. Widgets are especially important in cryptocurrency since most websites in the field do not collect the data but merely display it.
By using a bitcoin widget, website owners can now show real-time data on the price of bitcoin and its siblings in addition to a myriad of other data points such as trades, daily movements in percentages, exchange trades, crypto prices of different assets in local currencies denominations and so on and so forth.
Types of Bitcoin Widgets
- Inline widgets - these are widgets that display varying information within a piece of text. More often than not, they are used to display extra information of a new word used within text but within text referencing bitcoin, it is normally used to display the price of bitcoin or an altcoin mentioned just before the ticker trigger.
- Button widget - a button widget is often a standalone button that displays real-time information on a cryptocurrency but allows visitors to click-through to another webpage for more information. This widget is often suitable for info-ads.
- Card widget - sometimes, a website is focused on a select number of coins. A card widget can be used to display information on a single coin in a card form giving more detail information than when using an inline or button widget.
- Leaderboard - a leaderboard can be thought of like a bigger card widget. With bigger real-estate, a leaderboard widget can be used to display more information including trade volume, daily price changes, graphs etc.
- Sidebar widget - this is the largest widget there is and as the name suggests, it is found on the sidebar of a website. on this widget, you can display prices for several cryptocurrencies, the daily changes and even include a graph on the price movement if the design allows.
A cryptocurrency widget can also be categorized in terms of the kind of information displayed. Here are some of these types of crypto widgets:
- Price Ticker widgets - these show the price of a single or multiple cryptocurrencies. It is the most pearl type of widget. You can have an inline widget, card widget, leaderboard widget or a sidebar widget showing the price of different assets.
- Market dominance - this refers to the bitcoin market dominance. This kind of bitcoin widget is used to display information on bitcoinâ€™s market dominance.
- News widget - displays bitcoin-related news from a particular source or sources
- Top 10 Assets - common for sidebar widgets, these display information on the leading cryptocurrency assets, their prices, and price movement graphs.
- Cryptocurrency converter - display the conversion rates of different cryptos, for instance, bitcoin agents Ethereum or Litecoin or bitcoin cash etc. they often allow users to interact with them by inputting figures for conversion and selecting crypto pairs.
- Mining profitability - some websites are geared towards providing information on the mining niche so a bitcoin widget on such a website can display information concerning the profitability of mining different coins and tokens.
You could find widgets that display a combination of any of the above pieces of information. For instance, a news widget could dabble as a price widget and mining profitability widget using tabs.
How to Create a Bitcoin Widget
There are several tools available on the internet that will allow you to create your own widget. One such website is Coinlib. Coinlib provides an API that can serve your website with real-time data with live and historic cryptocurrency prices, portfolio, alerts, news, charts and detailed coin data. The website also has a widget creator. Just chose your widget parameters and the website will provide a code to copy and paste on your website.
Press releases published by Crypto Economy have sent by companies or their representatives. Crypto Economy is not part of any of these agencies, projects or platforms. At Crypto Economy we do not give investment advice and encourage our readers to do their own research. If you believe that any of our press releases may contain erroneous or fraudulent information let us know through [email protected].
The post Introduction to Bitcoin Widgets appeared first on Crypto Economy.