Cardano Project Set to Usher in Next Generation Blockchain Platform
Cardano Community member Max recently tweeted milestones expected to be completed by the project in 2020.
|Follow Max on Twitter|
- Shelley Thanks to the Shelley release, Cardano will instantly become one of the (if not THE) most decentralized networks, with an incredibly active ecosystem of delegators and stakepools.
- Goguen Goguen will enable the creation of smart contracts written in Marlowe and Plutus on top of Cardano. Marlowe has been made to allow anyone to create dApps. Plutus has been specifically made for hardcore computer scientists.
- Ouroboros Hydra Hydra will enable nearly unlimited scalability, as each stakepool will be able to process 1000 tps. It's like torrenting, the more people join, the better.
- Basho Sidechains will be coming to Cardano thanks to the Basho release, allowing developers to create specific sidechains for games for example, or for specific regions like Africa for example.
- Prism Prism is an identity system coming to Cardano, allowing people to prove their identity on the blockchain.
Cardano Blockchain 3.0 • ADA Cryptocurrency
|3 Separate Entities Supporting the Cardano Platform|
Cardano is being developed by Input Output, an engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations; the platform offers more advanced features than any protocol yet developed, and the first to evolve out of a scientific philosophy. The large team of expert engineers and researchers drawn from around the world started by deconstructing the concept of a cryptocurrency; then, incorporating a groundbreaking Proof of Stake algorithm, Ouroboros. The IOHK team employed a first principles approach driven by peer reviewed academic research to build Cardano from the ground up.
The Cardano Foundation, an independent-entity based in Switzerland, supervises the development of Cardano and its ecosystem; they are committed to protecting and promoting Cardano, and to advocating on behalf of the users and community of the protocol.
Emurgo is a global blockchain technology company providing solutions for developers, startups, enterprises and governments integrating onto the Cardano blockchain.